One for the Dads

I have three daughters, 19, 18 today (happy birthday sweetpea) and 16 - no rule 1!!!

The oldest and youngest are into Doc Martens and Indie stuff. The middle one is into 60s hippy retro chic. I wouldnt dream of telling them what to wear but at the same time I know they wouldnt dream of wearing something like that out with their old man.

1 Like

What sort of comparable revealing outfit would teenage boys be likely to wear? Tight shorts and a jacket without a shirt underneath? As a male there isnt much you can reveal, or partially reveal, without getting arrested.

Have you tried?

Exactly. The world freaks out at women’s nipples. Freaks out. The world isn’t the slightest bit fussed about men’s nipples. Now you’re getting to the crux of the issue…

Yeah, but our nipples don’t open a vortex to another dimension, that’s why.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Exactly. The world freaks out at women’s nipples. Freaks out. The world isn’t the slightest bit fussed about men’s nipples. Now you’re getting to the crux of the issue…

Dare I ask what that means, Cherts?

Do yours not do that?

Cherts briskly rubs his hands together to warm them up before answering Lou…

Originally posted by @Numptyboi

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Originally posted by @Intiniki

We had this debate in the office. She’s 18? She can wear what she wants. The men in the office and in particular a young guy who has a small daughter said he would not let his daughter out like that when she is the same age. I suggested she’d probably leave the house and then dress like that anyway. It was the ‘let’ I had an issue with. She’s old enough to know what she’s doing. Maybe she has some TV show coming out soon or perfume. Maybe it’s some rouse to get our attention. I found the comments he looked pissed off laughable. He always looks like that.

We are unlikely to be telling our teenage boys to not wear a revealing outfit.

What sort of comparable revealing outfit would teenage boys be likely to wear? Tight shorts and a jacket without a shirt underneath? As a male there isnt much you can reveal, or partially reveal, without getting arrested.

Have you tried?

Fortunately not. I wouldnt want to inflict that image on anyone. I think most blokes look better clothed and we are better off keeping our bits behind several layers of cloth.It is one thing trying to concentrate on eating your filet mignon with a lot of cleavage on display in front of you, but can you imagine sitting next to a guy with his meat and two veg on display?

A man’s penis and balls is the equivalent of a woman’s vagina.

The woman wearing a dress that showed a bit of cleavage is the equivalent of Tom Jones with a low cut shirt, nipples and chest hair.

Do yours not do that?

I’d answer that if I knew what it was.

Interesting take on it. Guys can walk around without their shirts off in the summer and no one bats an eyelid. Walk down the road with your boobs out and I think you would get a different reaction. As for what we are talking about here, Jose’s daughter is displaying a lot more than a bit of cleavage.

No nipples though, to be fair.

Nope, no nipples. Do mens nipples have the same effect on women as women’s do on men?

They’re not considered a taboo in the same way, no.

Funny business. I know that women’s nips serve another purpose too (and look at the fuss that breast feeding in public causes) but why should they be taboo if they are on one body and not if they are on another? Still that is for another thread!

When you start picking it apart the whole damn thing is ridiculous, SOG. She’s 18, she only just grew them a few years back, she probably quite proud of them. I can’t see what’s bad about that.

Nothing bad about it no, but the thread was more about the dilemma a father faces in this situation which directly has something to do with his natural protective instincts…At least that’s what I think it was about? :blush:

We are very complex in our stupidity

1 Like

Not really, Ohio. Dads just live in fear of their daughter meeting someone just like they were when they were younger.

Plus they don’t want to face up to the fact that their little girl will be playing hide the sausage in the not too distant future.

1 Like

Isn’t that what I just said?