OptiNews - Friday 01 to Thursday 07 September 2017

All news is good news

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 31/08/2017 23:03:09

| | Van Dijk to stay at SouthamptonREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | Surprise fact after a summer of speculation over Virgil van DijkSUNDAYWORLD |
| | Twitter reacts as it emerges that Virgil van Dijk will stay at SouthamptonTHEBOOTROOM |
| | Liverpool hopes over as Van Dijk stays at SouthamptonTEAMTALK |
| | Southampton 'rule out Van Dijk sale’SPORTSMOLE |
| | Relive Deadline Day: Sanchez, Lemar, Van Dijk, LlorenteFOOTBALL365 |
| | Liverpool transfer news: £70m game-changing swoop still alive, £26m exit imminentCAUGHTOFFSIDE |

...attractively invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Blogs – Fresh Saints

New content from (- Blogs – Fresh Saints)

| Review: The Ins and outs of Southampton’s summer transfer window | The 2017 summer transfer window has had all the drama and rumours of recent seasons, except there’s just one little … 31-08-2017 |

Older content…

| The same old story5 days ago |
| Hoedt’s transfer to Southampton confirmed as imminent10 days ago |
| Preview: Southampton vs West Ham13 days ago |
| Southampton bid €17M for Lazio’s Wesley Hoedt15 days ago |
| Review: Southampton 0 Swansea City 017 days ago |
| An insight into Mario Lemina20 days ago |
| Preview: Southampton vs Swansea City20 days ago |
| Could Southampton Move for Nicolai Muller This Summer?24 days ago |
| Southampton F.C. – a plethora of attacking talenta month ago |

...disturbingly caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/09/2017 00:03:09

| | Revealed - The surprise fact after a summer of transfer speculation over Virgil van DijkIRISHINDEP |
| | Liverpool Finally Understand No Means No As Van Dijk Stays - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Van Dijk not signing for LiverpoolREADLIVERPOOL |
|

| Matt Le Tissier sends direct message to Liverpool fans about Virgil van Dijk situationSPORTREVIEWCOM |

...improvisationally produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Defeat for Hoedt with Netherlands

Show/hide article…

The Dutch, who finished the game with ten men following the second-half dismissal of Kevin Strootman, were beaten 4-0 in Saint-Denis.

Antoine Griezmann set France on the way with a 14th-minute goal, before Strootman’s sending off was followed by a late Thomas Lemar brace and an added-time effort from Kylian Mbappe.

The result sees the Netherlands slip to fourth in the group, six points behind the French, who top the standings, with three games remaining.

Sweden are three points clear of them, in second position, while Bulgaria are two ahead.

It leaves little room for error for Hoedt and his international teammates, as they now host Bulgaria this Sunday, before finishing their campaign away to Belarus and at home to Sweden in October.

Go to the original article…

...nonplussedly erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

reveal the top trending summer transfer deals and rumours on Twitter

Show/hide article…

Sky Sports reveal the top trending summer transfer deals and rumours on Twitter

As the summer transfer window draws to a close, we reveal the most popular deals and rumours on Twitter…

Paris Saint-Germain splashed £199m on Barcelona forward Neymar earlier this month - more than doubling the world record fee of £93.25m paid by Manchester United for Paul Pogba last season.

Meanwhile, Barca spent £135.5m of the money received for Neymar on Borussia Dortmund forward Ousmane Dembele.

On Deadline Day, PSG also signed Kylian Mbappe on loan from Monaco, with an option to pay £166m and make the move permanent next summer.

However, those three blockbuster signings are the only deals to be among the most popular on Twitter and not involve a Premier League club.

But which of the 136 signings made by top-flight English clubs since the start of July have been most popular on the social media platform?

Scroll down to discover the top 15 transfer deals and rumours this summer…

...martially churned out by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Comfortable win for Cédric

Show/hide article…

The European champions were largely untroubled in Porto, as they kept up the pressure on Group B leaders Switzerland in the bid to reach the 2018 finals, in Russia.

Portugal’s win was highlighted by a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick, with William and Nélson Oliveira also on target.

Rogvi Baldvinsson had pulled one back for the visitors after Ronaldo’s opening two goals, but Fernando Santos’s team were always in control.

Portugal remain second in the group, three points behind Switzerland, who beat Andorra this evening.

Cédric and his teammates, who will host the Swiss in their final group match, will now hope to keep them within striking distance when they visit Hungary on Sunday.

...acknowledgingly costructed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/09/2017 01:03:13

|

| Liverpool miss out on Virgil van Dijk transferOFFTHEPOST |
| | Five winners from deadline day feat. Tottenham signing, Southampton and England aceTHEBOOTROOM |
| | Van Dijk to remain at Southampton after Saints ‘did not receive a single offer’ for himYAHOOSPORTUK |

...deplorably modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#SaintsFC’s @MayaYoshida3 starts for Japan against Australia this morning, as they look to book a place in the… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/903190824292413440

Retweets: 41

Favourites: 190

...weakly created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Wantaway stars whose deadline day moves went away face World Cup year climbdowns

Show/hide article…

Some Premier League players have some serious making up to do.

They waited all summer desperately hoping to secure big moves.

Now the wait is on to see how they rebuild the bridges they have burnt – some to an absolute crisp - after failing to escape.

A number of the summer’s biggest transfer sagas ended on deadline day with the stars staying put and clubs winning the war against player power.

Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez , Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho , Virgil van Dijk of Southampton, Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez and Jonny Evans of West Brom all hoped to be looking forward to new chapters in their careers on Friday morning.

Instead, they will be wondering how they are going to worm their way out of the predicaments they have got themselves into.

Sanchez was certain he had got his long-awaited move to Manchester City on deadline day.He even told his Chile team-mates on international duty with him back home that it was a done deal and they responded with a round of applause.

At the Etihad to be precise.

Liverpool players are understood to have noted Sanchez couldn’t have looked any more like a player who wanted out during last Sunday’s 4-0 thrashing for Arsenal.

Judging by his disinterested demeanour at Anfield, they were surprised he was even still there.

Now, somehow, boss Arsene Wenger has to get him to give his all for the Gunners shirt again.

Liverpool’s Coutinho made his unhappiness and desire to join Barcelona even clearer, by making a transfer request.

The Brazilian also claimed he wasn’t fit enough to play for the Reds, only to be declared ready for action when he arrived back home in South America for international duty.

The fact the Spanish transfer window remains open until Friday night keeps his paper-thin hopes of a move alive.

Few players have as much grovelling to do as Van Dijk, who was made to train alone after telling the club he wanted out. He then also put his desire to leave in writing and is understood to have ramped up his attempts to get out this week as time ran out.

His advisors are also understood to have remained confident Van Dijk would end the window at Liverpool, despite Southampton’s ‘not for sale’ stance.

His wish never came true and now, as Saints’ defiant chiefs maintained all along, the expectation is he will be reintegrated into their first-team plans.

How quickly that happens will depend on how he reacts mentally to having his hopes dashed after previously claiming he wasn’t in the right frame of mind to play.

Mahrez underlined his desire to leave Leicester, first expressed last summer, by handing in a transfer request before the end of May. But the King Power Stadium will remain his home.

Evans appeared a cert to be leaving the Hawthorns after Pep Guardiola’s Blues tabled two bids for the Northern Ireland international. Leicester even declared their interest in the 29-year-old defender, and Arsenal had a nibble.

But on Thursday, amid the transfer frenzy, the Mancunians let it be known Evans was off their wanted list.

Their clubs will be delighted.

They dug their heels in and didn’t cave in.

Now they will hope to get good seasons out of their wantaway stars, as Liverpool did from Luis Suarez in 2013-14 when he responded to being denied a move to Arsenal with a Player of the Year award-winning season before joining Barca the following summer.

David De Gea did similar following the deadline day 2015 collapse of his switch to Real Madrid, going on to be named Manchester United’s best player for a third season running.

Next summer’s World Cup finals in Russia should also be an incentive for the Premier League’s disgruntled stars to get their heads down over the coming months.

But they all have plenty of work to do much closer to home before that.

...bewilderedly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool: Saints hero Matt Le Tissier rules out cut-price January deal

Show/hide article…

At least that’s the verdict of Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier in the wake of a prospective move to Anfield failing to materialise for the Holland international.

Van Dijk emerged as Liverpool’s top target to strengthen their defence towards the end of the 2016/17 campaign.

And a Reds switch appeared to be a formality for the 26-year-old before Southampton accused them of tapping him up.

Liverpool were forced to take a backseat - although Jurgen Klopp maintained an interest in securing Van Dijk’s services.

...favorably carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints profit from Oxlade-Chamberlain’s LIverpool move

Show/hide article…

Thanks to a sell-on clause then chairman Nicola Cortese had inserted, Saints received the payment from Arsenal following Oxlade-Chamberlain’s move to Anfield.

The son of former England winger Mark Chamberlain scored ten goals in 42 appearances for Saints before his £15m move to Arsenal six years ago.

He made 115 starts for Arsenal and another 83 appearances as a substitute for the Gunners, scoring 20 goals, and has also won 27 England caps.

Now, after being substituted as Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0 last weekend, the former Locks Heath cricketer is back at Anfield.

The Gunners had hoped to keep Oxlade-Chamberlain but his reluctance to re-sign forced them to cash in now to avoid losing him on a free transfer next summer.

In a farewell message to Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, wrote on Instagram: “After six years, three FA Cup wins and countless incredible memories, the time has come for me to move on from Arsenal.

“I want to publicly thank Arsene (Wenger), the coaching and club staff and my amazing team mates for all of the incredible opportunities I have been given.

“Thank you so much to you, the fans, who have always had my back - I honestly couldn’t be more grateful. The club, and my time here, will always mean a massive amount to me.

“I know my choice might come as a surprise to many, and the decision to leave was tough after being a part of the club for so many years, but I feel that this move is right for the next stage in my ongoing development.”

The deadline-day deal is Liverpool’s second signing of the week after an agreement to bring in midfielder Naby Keita from Red Bull Leipzig next summer was completed on Tuesday.

He is also the club’s fourth major arrival of this summer’s window after Mohamed Salah, Dominic Solanke and Andy Robertson.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp said: “I am really, really happy we have got Alex signed. Since the last game I have been waiting and hoping we could make this transfer - and when I got the news he was ours it was fantastic.

“He may still be young but he has a lot of experience in the Premier League, Champions League and for his country. Already he is a very, very good player and I think he has the mentality and desire to get even better - and that excites me.

“This is someone making a tough decision to leave one great club and come to another great club and I think he had many options, so to get him means I am delighted.

“He didn’t make an easy decision but I think he made a great one to go on this journey with this squad of talented boys and our great supporters. I welcome him to the Liverpool family.”

Liverpool, meanwhile, remain adamant playmaker Philippe Coutinho will not be sold to Barcelona.

The club have rejected three bids - the most recent reportedly worth up to £118million - for the Brazilian.

Reports in Spain have claimed Barca have moved again for the 25-year-old but Liverpool - who said earlier this month their “definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered” - insist their position has not changed.

...sottily shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

We’re wishing a happy 24th birthday to @LeminaM_13 today! :tada: #saintsfc

Retweets: 17

Favourites: 69

...handsomely whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/09/2017 07:04:48

| | How Liverpool missed out on Virgil van Dijk transferGOLIVERPOOL |

...poltroonishly mustered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Good Window For Saints | When it opened at the end of last season, this transfer window looked like it would be another with a mass exodus of … 01-09-2017 |

Older content…

| Liverpool Finally Understand No Means No As Van Dijk Staysa day ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV Transfer Talk ! Van Dijk Departs Training Grounda day ago |
| Saints Icon Says Come And Get Me To Jurgen Kloppa day ago |
| The Longest Day Is Here It Is Finally Van D Day !a day ago |
| Targett Is Newcastle Target !a day ago |
| Jordy Clasie Goes Out On Loan2 days ago |
| Still No Bids For Van Dijk !2 days ago |
| Saints Want Walcott To Return As Part Of Van Dijk Deal !3 days ago |
| Saints Prepare To Batten Down The Hatches3 days ago |
| Why Saints Can Finish In The Top 7 This Year !3 days ago |

...sedately coined by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Virgil Van Dijk: Southampton did not receive any formal bids for Liverpool transfer target

Show/hide article…

That’s according to the Irish Independent, who say the Reds were expected to make an offer for the Holland international on deadline day.

Van Dijk’s future has been talked about for most of 2017 after he established himself as one of the Premier League’s most in-demand players.

And a move to Liverpool appeared to be a formality until they were accused of tapping him up and forced to end their pursuit of his signature in June.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City have been credited with interest in getting Van Dijk on-board as well.

...unkindly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Targett loan move falls through

Show/hide article…

MATT Targett’s proposed loan to Newcastle United was called off last night.

Targett was expected to leave Saints in a season-long loan after Newcastle made on official approach at midday on transfer deadline day.

There were differing reports as to why it did not happen.

Southampton-born Targett fulfilled a boyhood dream when he broke into the Saints’ first team but has been restricted to 25 league appearances since making his debut against QPR three years ago next month.

Due to injury, Targett has only played once for Saints since last October - in the 0-0 home draw with Manchester United last May.

He remains as second-choice left-back behind Ryan Bertrand.

...incidentally engineered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/09/2017 08:05:38

| | Report: Van Dijk will stay at Southampton this summerCNNSI |
|

| Van Dijk stays put and Targett’s failed loan highlight Southampton’s quiet deadline daySBNATIONSTMARYSMUSINGS |
| | Review: The Ins and outs of Southampton’s summer transfer windowFRESHSAINTS |

...briskly fabricated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Paul Merson’s transfer window grades: Positives for Man City, Man Utd but not Arsenal

Show/hide article…

Paul Merson’s grades the transfer window for each Premier League club - and isn’t too impressed with Arsenal.

The Sky Sports pundit explains why his former club should have sold Alexis Sanchez and bought defensive players for the new season.

However, he has positive words for the Manchester clubs as he analyses the deals that have been done by each club.

Read on for the Magic Man’s analysis…

MERSE SAYS: Arsenal haven’t done enough in this window. They’ve bought a centre-forward when they already had one. They needed to buy defenders and they haven’t done it. As we saw against Liverpool the other day, they just aren’t good enough.

I’d have sold Alexis Sanchez all day long. I doubt they’ll get in the top four and they’ll lose the £50m they would have got for him when he leaves for free. I think £35m for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is good money, but if they’re letting him go then why not let Sanchez go as well?

MERSE SAYS: It’s not been a bad window for Bournemouth, but they’ve had a bad start to the season. I like Asmir Begovic and he will save them a few points, but I think Nathan Ake was a bit overpriced. Chelsea let him go after the game against Watford last season when he was all over the place. I’m a big fan of Jermain Defoe, but he’s 34 years old and sooner or later time takes its toll.

MERSE SAYS: I look through the list of signings and I don’t really know any of them. When you get promoted to the Premier League, you need to bring in a few seasoned professionals. This league will be new to almost everybody in that squad and for me that approach isn’t going to work. I’m not happy with that.

MERSE SAYS: I like what they’ve done. They’ve let Andre Gray and Michael Keane go for big money, but have brought in some good players. Chris Wood is a good forward, Nahki Wells will look to prove himself, Jon Walters is a good professional and I like Jack Cork as well. People tell me they could go down, but I don’t see that at all. Sean Dyche has done well.

MERSE SAYS: Diego Costa isn’t going to play for Chelsea again - the manager will lose face if he comes back - and they didn’t get Romelu Lukaku, so the big question is who will get all the goals? They’ve got to hope the move for Alvaro Morata works. I didn’t think they needed a lot and Antonio Rudiger and Tiemoue Bakayoko are good players and I would have given them a higher mark if they hadn’t let Nemanja Matic move to Manchester United. I also wonder if Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Nathaniel Chalobah will come back to haunt them?

MERSE SAYS: This was looking like a very poor window for Crystal Palace, but Mamadou Sakho makes it a different story. That signing alone increases the rating from a C to a B+. He is exactly what they need - a strong defender who knows the Premier League - to keep them up. I like Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a bit inexperienced, but they needed defenders and Sakho is the one.

MERSE SAYS: I look at the players they have brought in - Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jordan Pickford, Davy Klaassen, Sandro Ramirez and Michael Keane - and they are all nice signings, but I still think they are short because they sold Romelu Lukaku. How are they going to replace his 25 goals a season? They have done good business and you can’t moan at it, but I don’t think they are going to get in the top five.

MERSE SAYS: Huddersfield have had a go. They’ve brought in a lot of players and a couple of them look to be very shrewd. Tom Ince could end up being a good Premier League player, Aaron Mooy is a smart signing and Steve Mounie has already shown he can score goals. I don’t know all of the players they’ve brought in, but this club has come up into dreamland and they are having a good go at it. You can’t complain.

MERSE SAYS: Leicester are an interesting one. They have bought a good striker in Kelechi Iheanacho and a good defender in Harry Maguire, while keeping most of their star players. If Riyad Mahrez had gone then I would have given them a C, but after holding on to most of their stars I have to give them a good grade. They have spent some money - about 50 million quid - and had a right go.

MERSE SAYS: I just don’t think Liverpool have done enough. Yes, they got Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, but where will he play? He wants to be a central midfielder but that’s where Emre Can and the captain. Jordan Henderson, play. Mohamed Salah is a really good signing and Dominic Solanke can be whatever he wants to be, but what they needed was a centre-half. If they’d signed Virgil van Dijk I’d be giving them A+++, but they didn’t get him and they were happy to let Mamadou Sakho leave, which is Jurgen Klopp chopping his nose off to spite his face. For all they’ve got, they haven’t done enough.

MERSE SAYS: You have to give Pep Guardiola credit for going out and buying what he needed. I would have given them a higher grade if they’d signed the centre-half they probably still need. Jonny Evans would have made it an A+ window for them. People may sniff at that because he’s a West Brom player, but he’s at least as good as what they’ve got.

MERSE SAYS: I’m not convinced by Victor Lindelof at all, but Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic are very, very good signings and that’s why I’m giving them such a high grade. They are two players that they needed and they will make a massive difference to that team. They look like a completely different team with those two players in it and they could be the players to win the Premier League for them.

I must admit I’m not convinced by Zlatan Ibrahimovic coming back. They are a completely different outfit this season with pace and power up front and I don’t see how he will fit in.

MERSE SAYS: I thought Newcastle were going to have a real go after getting promoted. They have got an unbelievable manager in Rafa Benitez, but I don’t think they’ve done enough to give him the squad he needs. I look at the players that have come in and they are not for me.

MERSE SAYS: People will look at Southampton and say they’ve kept Virgil van Dijk, but I honestly don’t think he will play. They have kept an unhappy player and after everything that has gone on there I’d be shocked if he gets back in the team and I think they will get rid of him in January when someone will pay silly money. They’ve bought him for little money, so why not go and make a massive profit? They were just determined not to let Liverpool have him.

MERSE SAYS: I like the signings of Darren Fletcher, Kurt Zouma and Jese Rodriguez and they’ve let people like Bojan leave, who would have been on a lot of money. I think Glenn Whelan and Marko Arnautovic were allowed to leave a little cheaply, but overall they have done good business in this window. They have had a go.

MERSE SAYS: Renato Sanches is an unbelievable signing for Swansea - simply phenomenal - and I think Wilfried Bony is a good signing as well. I’d be tempted to give them an A for those two deals, but they have let Fernando Llorente and Gylfi Sigurdsson leave who were their two best players last season. Given they have let those two players they haven’t done too badly at all.

MERSE SAYS: It was a hard summer for Tottenham because they’ve got their first team settled and they were looking for squad players. Yes, they let Kyle Walker leave but I’d be dropping him off at the gates of Man City for 50 million quid! I look at Serge Aurier and some of the stories that surround him and you wonder what will happen with him. Then they spent £38m on Davinson Sanchez, who is a player they didn’t really need and is just happy to be there. Fernando Llorente is good back-up to Harry Kane and will come on when they are chasing games. It’s been hard for Spurs in this market and people need to understand that.

MERSE SAYS: I look through the list of signings that Marco Silva has made and I think they’ve done good business. Will Hughes and Nathaniel Chalobah could prove to be very good players. I tipped them to go down, but I’ve held my hands up and said that looks to be wrong. Even the other day when they went down to 10 men they dug in and got a point against Brighton.

MERSE SAYS: Gareth Barry is a great signing. Fans of other clubs will be looking at that and wondering why they weren’t in for him. Kieran Gibbs wasn’t good enough for Arsenal, but will be solid for West Brom. Darren Fletcher is a strong signing, Jay Rodriguez is decent and Oliver Burke will offer pace. Plus they kept Jonny Evans, so it has to be a high grade. Tony Pulis is a shrewd, shrewd manager.

MERSE SAYS: Pablo Zabaleta is a good pro, but is coming towards the end of his career, but I think they’ve made three strong signings in Joe Hart, Marko Arnautovic and Javier Hernandez. However, it’s not enough, is it? I saw Tony Gale on TV, saying they have spent £4m net in four years which is ridiculous. They should be spending £100m, but I will give them a decent grade because what they have brought in is decent.

Watch the new signings back in Premier League action from September 9 as Man City host Liverpool live on Sky Sports Premier League.

...wheezingly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp will target Saints star in future - Paul Joyce

Show/hide article…

That’s according to respected Merseyside football journalist Paul Joyce, who says Saints knew the Reds were willing to pay £70m for the Holland international.

Van Dijk emerged as the man Klopp wanted to bolster his defence towards the end of the 2016/17 campaign.

But Liverpool were forced to officially end their interest in signing the 26-year-old after being accused of tapping him up.

Liverpool were expected to make a deadline day swoop for Van Dijk anyway - although that failed to materialise.

...repeatedly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!