😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

When you are due to go on holiday on Saturday and your partner is off sick.

1 Like

Oh me again.

The neighbours. Currently doing DIY at near on midnight. They were hammering something about an hour ago and now drilling.

Just as I type this my ill partner comes in to ask what is going on. So we investigate and work out it’s the neighbour next to our bedroom. We went around and they’re putting up a shelf! he told him to stop now even though he wanted 1 more minute.

Really? Wedesday at 11pm?! We think they may be new tennants. Off to a good start.

Alfie’s dad has now launched a private prosecution against the doctors for conspiracy to commit murder.

FFS, seriously?

he is a young lad and I am beginning to wonder if the people advising him have his and the baby’s best interests at heart.

9 Likes

Yeah, that came out after I posted originally.

I did have some sympathy with him up until that point, but that’s a serious dick move. The case deserves to be treated with complete disdain.

I do agree though, it does seem as if there are other people with an axe to grind at play here. There’s already hysterical Americans using this as an excuse to bash the NHS. And the ‘Christian’ Lawyer that appears to be representing them is absolutely on an ego trip with the entire venture.

2 Likes

Just seen this, which may support @cb-saint 's assertion

1 Like

A set up called ‘Christian Concern’ are advising the parents. The usual nut jobs, anti abortion/pro life, anti gay marriage etc. Links with American right wing ‘Christian’ groups, so plenty of money. A private jet has been on standby to fly the child to Italy, ‘Christian’ lawyers hired. Of course the private hospital in Italy will be only too keen to take over, they can keep Alfie alive indefinitely on life support but of course it won’t be cheap. I get the impression the father is starting to lap the publicity up, meeting the Pope, giving daily press conferences etc. No doubt he is on a wage too as he clearly isn’t working. No question he is being used.

I have a good mate whose wife works at Alder Hay, the staff are having big problems getting in and out of the hospital. The protesters tried to storm the main entrance the other day, their stated aim was to set off the fire alarms. Children, who are already a bit frightened at being in hospital, are being seriously traumatized by the shouting and screaming, car horns blowing continuously to ‘show support’ etc. Doctors and nurses have been named on social media, accused of being murderers. God knows what will happen if the child should die. I think it’s long past time when the authorities should step in, clear the protesters away, arrest those who refuse. And the so called ‘Christians’ who are the agitators in all of this should be prosecuted for incitement. It is a state of affairs that clearly cannot be allowed to continue.

9 Likes

Aye @nottarf-krap , it seems to be having a serious knock-on affect to the general workings of the hospital. Staff are struggling to get in/out, and apparently there have had to be cancellations in procedures for other patients.

There was reports that they also set up a fucking bouncy castle in the hospital. These people are just not right in the head. The comments on any of the articles relating to the case are truly mind boggling. Some serious tinfoil hat stuff going on.

This seems to be getting worse, it’s a serious issue that needs to be properly addressed. The media need to have a serious look at how they are reporting these cases as well. All to happy to stir shit up for the clicks. Wankers.

4 Likes

Saw this earlier. An old acquaintance on Facebook shared a post about how awful this is and they should let the child go to the Vatican for treatment. Wasn’t someone if think would share something like that. Ted Cruz thinks are public nhs is the worst.

3 Likes

Fight your way through the 5 mile snaking shopping mall filled with bemused idiots debating which tin of ÂŁ12.50 Fortnums cookies to buy and where the train is there is a real ale bar. Only ÂŁ4.80 A pint.

Oh and read the Ryanair Cabin bag rules…

Ffs they send enough emails and then EVERYONE argues about putting their bag in the hold…ffs

The ÂŁ3.99 meal deal - sarnie drink & chips is a Winer save 10p pack a carrier bag.

Oh no cant take THAT bag n the plane it was not bought at the airport…

Etc

2 Likes

As they’ve changed these rules I cannot get my dsl camera into the small bag I am allowed so have relented and bought the priority so I can take my camera in the hand luggage. Pretty annoying.

1 Like

A well known cheap airline has provided seats for me and my partner opposite ends of the plane as we refused to pay ÂŁ7 to pick a seat. There was a free seat on the same row as him and a seat free next to me. So we could have sat closer but they wanted us to pay for it for the privilege. A few hours respite from each other would be good.

4 Likes

My mates have started to turn 30 the past couple of years. It’s become tradition to buy a shirt of the team they support with a silly nickname on the back.

This means I have to go and buy a Liverpool shirt in a minute. I feel sick already.

1 Like

Idip Bins on the back?

2 Likes

Fabulous. Now sat on the tarmac for an unknown time due to french air traffic controllers strike which has been known about for 2 bloody days.

Packing.

We have our we have vodka. Getting them safely into 3 bags weighing 40kg when I found 2 I’m drunk bottles of Polish ale.

Our carry on bags are empty needed all our gear as padding. Glass weighs a lot so vodka decanter into plastic and sealed then bubble wrapped pig all vacuum sealed and in cool bags. And we are 2kg too much. #dilemna.

Then Mrs D_P shows up with about 4kg of cosmetic liquids. Stay calm start again…

The Ale is sacrificable IF we have a problem at check in only taking it back for Eric tbh but the pig and vodka no way that gets left.

Now to fit into 5 jumpers & 2 pairs of jeans.

Fuck I really do not want to go back to 40C and sand. The weather here has been stunning. Sure it will be nasty at 35C without a/c here mid summer but really need to get back to reality and trees soon

And then wife arrives with 4 more kg of Cabanos - Pepperami to you heathens.

Noooooooo

Coming down with a cold whilst on holiday. Inevitable but still annoying. It’s also now pissing it down here but hope for slightly better weather in Rome.

1 Like

It was pissing down in London earlier. Home early today, got off the train and not a cloud in the sky. Will crack open a beer in the garden methinks

1 Like

I’m at home. As I was pulling off the M56 I see the dreaded notice.

M6, J19-J16, 90 minute delay. I phone the boss, and all the diversions are snarled up too. I thought fuck it, I’ll work Bank Holiday Monday instead.

The ridiculous thing is that Stoke is 40 miles away as the crow flies. It’s 55 miles away on the roads. It’s an hour fifteen trip at least in a car, three hours on the train, door to door.

I commuted from Central London to Leighton Buzzard in under 90 minutes, door to door.

Northern Powerhouse, my arse.

1 Like