They are brilliant.

What, simple knob drawings? That’s about as far as my art appreciation goes tbf

2 Likes
6 Likes

Emotional roller coaster

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/951563008370765826

1 Like

You bastard @btripz - I was just about to post that!!

Good to see someone standing up to the “big” clubs but with Chelski having the backing of the local council and oodles of cash I think they’ll lose.

Just like how Chelski managed to get their Cobham training ground. There hasn’t been much investment in the community either - maybe apart from some people in Chelski training kit doing a couple of footie sessions at Teenage Mutant’s primary school - in 6 years (no named players btw)

1 Like

Ah reminds me of the sheet ice in Southampton in 2010ish. I was running late so ran out of my building to get the bus I could hear. Slid across the drive and then noticed the bus had crashed into the bus stop. It took me half an hour to try and walk up Winn Road. Gave up and went home until it thawed.

3 Likes

As a reconstructed man of the 21st Century I find what follows, sexist and in very poor taste. It was sent to me by a friend so if you too find it offensive…that’s the kind of world we’re living in. :lou_angry:

People often ask for a simple explanation of “Marketing.”

Well, here it is:
* You’re a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party.

_You go up to him and say, “I’m fantastic in bed.” _

That’s Direct Marketing.

_* You’re a woman and you’re at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy.
One of your friends goes up to him and, pointing at you, says,
“She’s fantastic in bed.” _

That’s Advertising

* You’re a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number.

The next day you call and say, “Hi, I’m fantastic in bed.”

_ That’s Telemarketing._

_* You’re a woman and you see a guy at a party; you straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, “May I?” and reach up to straighten his tie, brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, “By the way, I’m fantastic in bed.” _

That’s Public Relations.

* You’re a woman and you’re at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says,

_“I hear you’re fantastic in bed.” _

That’s Brand Recognition.

_*You’re a woman and you’re at a party and see a handsome guy. He fancies you, but you talk him into going home with your friend. _

That’s a Sales Rep.

_* You’re a woman and your friend can’t satisfy him so he calls you. _

That’s Tech Support.

_* You’re a woman and you are on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you’re passing, so you climb onto the roof of one situated towards the center and shout at the top of your lungs, “I’m fantastic in bed!” _

That’s Facebook.

*If you are a man and secretly disclose a list of names of those women who are fantastic in bed,

_That’s “Insider Trading.” _

_* You’re a woman and you are at a party; this attractive wealthy older man walks up to you and grabs your ass. _

That’s Bill Clinton

_* You didn’t mind it, but twenty years later your attorney decides you were offended and you are awarded a settlement. _

That’s America!

3 Likes

This is not PC but did he borrow that hair from Diana Ross and the Three degrees?

NB

I have Slept in Diana Ross’s Bed on a ship that her husband owned. When it was tied up in Southampton water.

I’ like to invite a post on this page.

But the PC Police will probably arrest me so I won’t.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Marco_P_Shite/status/951534318844817409

1 Like

That was terrible @lifeintheslowlane . We’re not allowed to post that sort of stuff these days. It’s some unwritten law or something I saw on the innerweb and the papers.

Up vote for explaining marketing concepts. Should also downvote for how you explained them but I can’t so it looks like you come out one up vote to the good

1 Like

I know…I know, I was shocked when I received it @cobham-saint but I had to highlight the terrible attitudes that are still prevalent on The Interwebs thingey. Hope you all understand.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/transalpino/status/951917693174796288

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BigPaulieDoyle/status/951474471935889413

although I feel some sympathy for the people of Hawaii, this made me laugh

I don’t actually feel any sympathy for them as I’ve got a bad cold/cough and probably have it worse than them.

3 Likes

So it looks like Ryan Giggs is about to be announced as the next manager of Wales.

The question is…will he turn up for friendlies?

4 Likes